Ever wonder who's lucky enough to be invited to the annual State of the Union address?
Laurene Powell Jobs, Steve Jobs' widow, was there. So was Gabby Giffords' astronaut hubby, Mike Kelly. First Lady Michelle Obama was there, too (duh!).
Mike Krieger, co-founder of the fastest-growing photo-sharing service, Instagram, was also there (hellz, yeah!). We spotted Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, too, along with Sen. John Kerry -- plus two black eyes and a broken nose.
But, it's not just big names and hotshot politicos; real people -- just like you -- are invited to attend by lawmakers as well.
Here are just a few of the people who got to see President Obama make his SOTU speech:
- Samantha Garvey: Homeless New York teen science whiz,
- Mark Kelly: Astronaut and husband to former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords,
- Col. Ginger Wallace: Air Force intelligence officer who helped mark the end of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell,"
- Debbie Bosanek: Billionaire Warren Buffet's secretary,
- Adam Rapp: Cancer survivor who received healthcare treatment thanks to "Obamacare."
One of Glittarazzi's team members was also in the crowd. Can you guess which one?
This is why we really love the SOTU address ... it allows average citizens to feel like they have a voice.
Photo: Mike Krieger, co-founder of the fastest-growing photo-sharing service, Instagram, with FLOTUS Michelle Obama at the White House before the SOTU address.
|< Prev||Next >|