There's a saying:
"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."
And now, we know that saying is 100% true.
Folks, we are sad to report a few things we have learned about the alleged Capitol Building suicide bomber -- a.k.a 29-year-old Amine El-Khalifi -- who used to be well-known in the Washington, D.C., social scene (which we know pretty well from our previous work blogging/working in our Nation's Capital's nightlife industry).
Our sources? Former girlfriends and acquaintences of the alleged terrorist.
Yes, he was Moroccan. But, no, he wasn't al-Qaeda (his ex-girlfriends say he was just flat-out crazy). Did he have a job? Yes. Amine was an alleged nightclub drug dealer with a reputation for being crazy, violent and sexually daring. In other words, he definitely looked like a freak and acted like a freak.
As a result of our research, we've compiled a list of the "Top 10 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About The Alleged Capitol Suicide Bomber" for your reading pleasure:
- He was a regular in the nightlife scene from 2004 to 2008. In fact, he partied almost every night of the week.
- He didn't like to exercise back then, but he had body image issues. So he allegedly spent $10,000 on liposuction.
- Those "odd jobs" the press says he did? They were odd, alright. He allegedly sold cocaine and ecstasy. He also won money by allegedly gambling (think poker).
- He wasn't always religious, but he allegedly quit doing "hard" drugs in 2008, became very religious (Muslim) and stopped going out when he started dating a Bulgarian chick.
- Once upon a time, he allegedly killed his dog by beating it to death.
- His street name was "Mino."
- He dated a lot of women and allegedly used to have sex with them in Washington, D.C., nightclubs (notably, Club 5, which used to be in the spot where Public Bar now sits in Dupont Circle). He also allegedly practiced some really bizarre sexual rituals.
- In addition to the numerous residences he kept in our Nation's Capital's surrounding neighborhoods, he also used to live in a little apartment in Arlington, Va. (Think Rossyln; North Quinn Street.)
- He allegedly wanted to be a chef, but those plans fell through. Then, we're told he hoped to be one of the top DJs in the world, so he bought some equipment and practiced almost every evening.
- Back when he was ballin' in the nightclub scene, he allegedly didn't have a bed -- he slept on a mattress on his floor -- but he was a "label whore" with a closet full of Dolce and Gabbana.
So, remember, even if someone looks pretty normal and lives in a pretty decent neighborhood, if he acts like a psycho and sounds like a psycho ... he probably is a psycho.
And, for the love of gawd and the USA, make like Nancy Reagan and just say "no" to drugs.
Photo: "Mino" at a nightclub in Washington, D.C.
Top photo: Amine El-Khalifi -- a.k.a. "Mino" -- getting ready for a night on the town. I blurred out the people with him to protect their identities.
|< Prev||Next >|